Although, if you deconstruct the idea of a business card, they are merely a small pieces of cardstock with some details related to contact printed on them. However, hardly few people actually fully realize that these business cards are actually very important. Funnily enough, they have been around for years, centuries, to be precise and the history of the business card really tells a story about the evolution they have undergone over the course of time. Most people only know that these little paper cards are handed out to people for the purpose of networking and expansion of experience, business and other opportunities.
Business cards act as a medium to build contact as it has listing of all of your contact information, they can prove to be very beneficial and important. However, this is not what it is about, today we are talking about some of the interesting facts about business cards that people aren’t really aware of and we at MetalKards.com thought it would be something different from what you usually hear about business cards, so check these facts out below.
It may come to you as a surprise but business cards originated from the country of China. Now a lot of people might expect this but most won’t. China was the country that invented paper and a lot of other important tools for record keeping, which is why a lot of people might not be surprised but business cards originated back in the 15th Century, so they have been around for a while now.
Business cards were called trade cards and used to have a map printed on the back for people to be able to find their clients easily.
Having a website or online presence is essential for any type of business, and a lot of companies recognize this, which is why they have active official pages on different social media sites along with their own website as well. Now, in order to increase traffic in your website and ensure that people are visiting your social media pages, you need to advertise your business, and the most effective way to do that is through online banner ads across different websites and social media outlets.
A good online banner ad that catches people’s attention is more likely to be clicked on than an ordinary one. People nowadays are actually vary of banner ads, so you need to make sure that you get the right design. For information regarding creating your own banner ad, you can check out donothingmoney.com for a basic guide of the different steps.
- The first thing you need to look into is the size of your banner ads. There are a number of different size options you can choose from ranging from half page advertisements to medium rectangle banners and so on.
- You want to make sure your banner is placed in a good area. So, you need to pay for spots on websites that will feature the banner ad in the beginning.
- You do not want to go overboard with your banner ad. An extremely loud or vivid image will only make users more wary of your ad than curious.
- You want to follow a clean format where you have your company name and logo written clearly, your slogan or offer that is supposed to catch their attention, and lastly, an option that indicates what they need to do next.
- Users only pay attention to banner ads for a few seconds, so make sure that your font is clear and easy to read.
Ad signs are one of the best ways that business owners tend to promote their product or services with, they have been used for this purpose along with others for hundreds of years now and there are more and more creative ways of using them as well. However, this seems too good to be true and everything has a catch to it, so does this, the promotion of products will only be successful if the signs that you choose to invest in are good enough and have that touch of creativity to it as well, which is why it is important that you take great care in selecting a sign as well.
When it comes to National Neon Signs or any other neon signs company you need to know that there is a vast variety available to you from which you can select the one that works for you. There are some really common types of neon signs as well which include neon gases or other signs that look similar to them are acrylic, metal and LED signs. But with the neon signs you get the authentic retro look which is what people look for when they talk about creativity. Following are some of the reasons as to why you should invest in a neon sign for your business, check them out below.
Appealing to The Masses
A major reason as to why people go for neon signs as a means to promote their business is because the retro designs is the new cool and is appealing for the masses. Neon signs went out of fashion for a long time but now in the recent times they are back with a bang and are helping a lot of business owners in promoting their brand.
You hear clichés every day, whether they are in marketing pitches or in the conference room while you are in the middle of a meeting. One cliché that needs to go is the idea of “110%”. It just sounds condescending when you consider the fact that the people you are saying it to are probably already working as hard as they possibly can to get the best results possible. Instead of using this cliché, you should try to encourage your team to give it their all in a less belittling way, one that would respect the work that they have already put in.
Additionally, we need to stop singling out women in management by using the term “girlboss”. The whole point of equality in the workplace is that women want to be treated equally, which means they want the same opportunities to succeed. Women in management do not want to be singled out like this, so using gender neutral terms like the age old and already prevalent “boss” is going to be a much better direction for you and your team to take.
Perhaps the most stuck up terms in the world of business these days are nebulous terms such as “thought leader” and “influencer”. First things first, these are not actual titles. No company is going to hire you to be their thought leader or their influencer, and if you add this terminology to your resume or LinkedIn profile chances are that you’re just going to make people think that you are stuck up and think too highly of yourself. This is why it is very important for you to look into better options. A thought leader is basically someone that comes up with good ideas and knows how to implement these ideas. Such a trait can actually prove valuable to a company, but it is not all that the company is going to need. Essentially, you need to start showing your worth using better language.
Another trend in business that needs to stop is referring to something as the (insert company here) of (inset market here). For example, calling an innovative idea in the world of fast food as the “Uber” of fast food. This gives new companies unnecessary pressure to act according to precedent rather than trying to find their own way. Besides, it is highly unlikely that your company is going to be as groundbreaking as Uber, and even if it is you are going to have to show it by walking the walk instead of talking the talk.
Entrepreneurial culture is incredible and it is what is making the world a better place today, but the self aggrandizing tone of entrepreneurs can really get on people’s nerves at times. Things would go a lot more smoothly if people in the world of business stopped thinking of themselves as kings of the world before they have even managed to do anything worthwhile!
A decade ago, there was a purity in virality that a lot of people miss. Things went viral because they were generally good content, not because an agency had funneled lots of money into them. Nowadays it can get easy to think that the only thing you need to go viral is a ton of money, but this is not the case at all. It is perfectly possible for your content to go viral even if you have a very limited budget, and listed below are a few tips to help you make this possible:
- Simplicity: Don’t make content that is too complicated. It should get the message across efficiently, allowing audiences to figure things out in a flash. In today’s world of social media, instant gratification is far too common for people to be willing to put a significant amount of time into looking at any particular piece of content. Hence, you need to make sure that your content does not require too much time to fully understand.
- Incentivize Sharing: People are not going to share your content unless they are going to get something out of it. This does not mean that you need to start paying people to share your content, rather it means that your content needs to hit home in such a way that people are going to get some kind of social capital by sharing it if nothing else. Anything that sparks a positive reaction in your audience is going to help you get shares.
- Understand Your Users: One of the biggest mistakes that people tend to make while they are creating content is that they are not creating for their audience. Once you have built an audience base, it is very important that you start understanding what they want so that you can give it to them. Test out different kinds of content and see what fits. After a little while you are going to better understand what type of content your audience will respond to the most.
- Branch Out into Different Platforms: If you want to ensure that your content goes viral, one thing you are going to have to do is keep in touch with your fanbase and users using email and other types of long form media. This is going to keep them engaged and will allow you to create some kind of content interaction during dry spells.
- Pay Attention to Current Affairs: Your content needs to be relatable and it needs to provide some kind of emotional draw for your audience. The best way to create content that fits this bill is to look into current affairs and see what the world cares about the most at any given time. As soon as something happens that everyone is talking about, create content that talks about it or refers to it in an interesting way and your video will definitely go viral!